Thursday 16 July 2009

Summer Courgette Spaghetti

Given that only a few weeks ago I was ranting about how I don't like pasta, today's post might seem a little strange. However, I'm moving flat soon (yay!) so need to eat as much as I can from the cupboards. That includes 2 portions of spaghetti bought in some moment of pasta-based madness. I'd also spent the afternoon at the gym, so something vaguely healthy seemed fitting. I had half a courgette left over in the fridge too, so this courgette and tomato sauce from last month's Good Food magazine seemed ideal.

Reducing the tomatoes

The recipe was super quick to pull together, and the only adaptation I made was quartering all the ingredients, as I was making this for one *sob*. Apart from using spaghetti instead of linguine, but I think that difference is negligible.

Courgette and Tomato Spaghetti.

The result was a pretty tasty dinner, although as is always the case, I put in a few too many chilli flakes and the dish was perhaps a little spicier than would have been ideal. I really liked the contrast between the soft courgette and the crispy, salty bacon bits, and I even coped with eating a whole 75g of pasta!

Although I probably wouldn't go out and buy ingredients specifically to make this, it was great as a way of using up that spare bit of courgette lingering in the salad drawer. Now to find something to make that final 75g of spaghetti bearable!

PS - Both the photos in this post look so much tastier when clicked for the bigger versions!

0 comments: